Sunday, November 21, 2010

CR Mngmnt: Motivators

I am getting into this late but wanted to resurrect the blog. There is so much good stuff in here. I love Julia's lis as a reminder. I dug out my Vern paper before I started last week and used that intense interview sheet I had emailed to all of you from Zalika's class. Love it. . . Love that it is really all relavent where I am at.

The thing I am adding this week and quickly realized the importance of was the class and team motivators. It is something I picked up from GLAD. I am teaching one PE class a week and believe it should be two. So, I am putting the kids into pods this week and assigning Roman City names for each (since that is my unit) and will keep this posted on the board. Then under that will be Whole Class Points. Then if the kids are on task they will earn points per group or whole class. . that will add up and get them a second PE. The hard part will be making sure the gym is available.

Now to remember all those PE games from that great class. I did pick up a really cool one called Star Wars at Boeckman Creek. Anyhoo, let's see if anyone reads this or I have time to keep this up!

No comments:

Post a Comment