Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Commentary on the most recent posts

I feel similar to Michael on focusing on classroom management and community building by using Vern's paper. The first year I probably follow the curriculum closely but slowly branch of from it being more experienced and confident in curriculum planning that meets all the standards. Julia, I really liked the workshop type feel in your future classroom. The different stations for differentiation is fabulous, I need to take some notes. Has anyone (other than Lauren who has observed in this classroom) seen the Daily Five happening in upper grades. In a 5th grade classroom I observed in she had this going on and it was awesome. One part of it is there are Lit groups that present. They have the option of a bunch of presentation styles like: storyboard skit (that is approved from the get go) Late Night with... (interviewing) game show (the kids have been on a trend with this one I guess. The jeopardy board is already made up by the teacher so the group just puts the index card with questions in it) advertisement (I saw I group doing an ad for James and the Giant Peach where the peach was being sold). Seeing this was pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment